- Exhibition ‘Kimono: a portrait of a Japanese family‘, presents a personal collection of Japanese kimono in the context of Charles Rennie Mackintosh’s House for An Art Lover, at the Studio Pavilion, Glasgow, 10th October – 15th December 2019.
- London East Asia Film Festival, with Japanese film screenings and guest film-makers, 24th October – 3rd November 2019.
- Exhibition ‘Taki Katei: Japanese Drawings‘ will be the first-ever exhibition of his work outside of Japan, World Museum, Liverpool, 4th October 2019 – 13th April 2020.
- The Serpentine Pavilion 2019 designed by Junya Ishigami, 21st June – 6th October 2019.
- The Times and The Sunday Times Cheltenham Literature Festival features a talk with award-winning author Kanako Nishi on 12th October 2019.
- Inside Out: Jiro Takamatsu and Keiji Uematsu In Conversation, an exhibition of post-war Japanese sculpture, at the Royal Society of Sculptors, London, 30th September – 29th November 2019.
- Cryptic presents Sonica Glasgow, including installation ‘Furniture Music’ by Yuri Suzuki, 5th October 2019 – 6th January 2020, and a performance and installation ‘100 Keyboards’ by ASUNA on 9th and 10th November 2019.
More information on projects funded by the Foundation can be found in our Annual Reports.
The Great Britain Sasakawa Foundation is not responsible for the content of external websites.
The Japan-UK Season of Culture 2019-20 is a series of wide-ranging activities to celebrate and encourage relations between the two countries.
Please click the logo below to find out more.